Integrity Garage Door Repair
The Most Trusted and Experienced Name for Garage Door Repair and Replacement in Midlothian!
Integrity Garage Door Repair is an independently owned garage door repair company that specializes in repairing and replacing garage door. The company has been serving the residents of Midlothian, VA for many years. Integrity Garage Door Repair is well-known for its top-notch customer service.
request a service
Trusted Garage Door Technicians
Google Customer Reviews
How to Tighten Garage Door Springs in Midlothian, VA
If you’re a homeowner in Midlothian, VA, chances are you have a garage door. Garage doors are a convenient way to access your garage, but they can also be a major headache if they break down. One of the most common garage door problems is broken or loose springs.
Garage door springs are under a lot of tension, and over time they can wear out and break. If your garage door springs are broken or loose, it’s important to have them repaired or replaced as soon as possible.
If you’re handy, you may be able to tighten your garage door springs yourself. However, it’s important to note that this is a dangerous task, and it should only be attempted by someone who knows what they’re doing.
How to Tighten Garage Door Springs
To tighten garage door springs, you will need the following tools:
- A wrench
- A winding bar
- Safety glasses
- Disconnect the garage door opener from the garage door. This will prevent the door from opening or closing while you’re working on it.
- Close the garage door.
- Use the wrench to loosen the two screws at the end of the spring.
- Place the winding bar into one of the four winding holes and apply sufficient pressure to twist the bar clockwise at a one-quarter turn.
- Test the door by opening and closing it. If the door is still too heavy, repeat step 4 until the door opens and closes smoothly.
- Once the door is properly tensioned, tighten the two screws at the end of the spring.
- Always wear safety glasses when working on garage door springs.
- Be careful not to overtighten the springs. If you tighten the springs too much, the door could become difficult to open and close, and the springs could break.
- If you’re not comfortable tightening garage door springs yourself, call a professional garage door repair company.
Integrity Garage Door Repair:
Integrity Garage Door Repair is a family-owned and operated business that has been serving the Midlothian, VA community for over 20 years. We offer a wide range of garage door services, including garage door repair, installation, and maintenance.
If you need help tightening your garage door springs, or any other garage door repair service, please contact Integrity Garage Door Repair today.
You should inspect your garage door springs every 6-12 months, and tighten them if necessary.
There are a few signs that your garage door springs may need to be tightened:
- The door is difficult to open and close.
- The door opens or closes slowly.
- The door makes a squealing or grinding noise when it opens or closes.
- The door is off-balance.
If you notice any of these signs, it’s best to call a professional garage door repair company to inspect your springs and tighten them if necessary.